To be considered for an IT Support position at Cardonet please take the time in the following test. If
you do not know the answer to a question it is recommended that you select 'i don't know' answer.
Incorrect answer will be negatively marked.
I don't know
4. Please select the essential details needed to configure an email account:(Please select one or more answers.)
POP3 Server name SMTP Authentication SMTP Server name Username Password Display name Port number Reply email address Email address Email config file I don't know
5. Can antivirus provide 100% protection?
6. Select the valid anti-spyware products:(Please select 2 answers.)
Ad-Aware Spyware Pro Spybot Spyware detector XP Anti Spyware Malware Bytes Vundo Spyware detector MS Defender
7. What are Windows drivers?
8. What is the primary function of a DHCP server on a network?
9. What is the importance of your IP address having a gateway in an enterprise environment?
10. When using the ping command from DOS, eg
11. If you wanted to find out your IP address from the command prompt, what would you type?
12. In Windows why would you use the trace route command? (Please select one or more answers.)
Trace a route that packets take across a network
Trace a route of subnets across a network The trace route command only work in Unix Check end point communication I don't know
13. Select the option that best describes the main use of DNS:
14. Why would you use a hardware firewall appliance as opposed to personal firewall software?
15. Why would businesses want to use VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
16. Where is SCSI commonly used?
17. What do you understand by the term RAID?
18. On Windows 2008 R2 with Exchange 2007 server, what is the shell command to export to PST?
19. Looking in a server's task manager you see a process named 'mad'. What do you do?
20. What must you run to change the Schema Master for the first time on a domain controller?
21. What are the most important things to consider when purchasing a computer for yourself?(Please select 3 answers.)
Warranty Reliability Performance Processor Memory
22. What best describes a historic ethernet network where computers communicate via a hub or wireless?
23. Which of the following do you use for a mobile phone?
24. Which of the following is your personal preference?